This is the original puppy chow recipe that kids love. It's a tasty sweet snack that's super easy to make. Peanut butter and chocolate are a great combination, and the addition of crispy cereal makes this the perfect blend of flavors and textures. This is a great snack for after school, movie nights, or any time you want to make a special treat that takes almost no time to make.
It may look like real puppy chow, but this puppy chow recipe is guaranteed to taste a whole lot better! Remember, this is a humans only recipe because it contains chocolate. Never give any of this puppy chow to your puppy or dog, as chocolate can make them very sick. A good alternative to puppy chow is the old favorite chex mix recipe that is just as easy, but gives you a salty instead of a sweet treat.
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Butter
1 cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal (any flavor)
1-1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well.